Family Court plaque and gavelThis post is written to conclude and recap my series on the handling of holiday child visitation disputes in Las Vegas, Nevada. I felt it was necessary to write on this issue due to the fact that, for obvious reasons, parents can become frustrated and angry when such disputes arise. When these tensions surface, a parent may be tempted to argue with their counterpart or to attempt to take things into their own hands. It is best, however, to go through the legal process in order to resolve your dispute. The goal of my recent articles has been to provide information which will help people to more fully understand their options. It is also my goal to provide information which will assist with the selection of a child custody lawyer. If you are in need of assistance then contact my office today to speak with an attorney.

I have dealt with multiple topics in my last several posts. The issues which I chose to analyze included:

There are multiple reasons why I chose to address these issues. First, Courts may divide a child’s holiday time in a number of ways. Parents may have to split the time of a day, such as Christmas, in half while others may simply rotate years in regards to who has the child. Second, not following the visitation order can result in a parent being held in contempt of court. Finally, under the right circumstances, a parent’s refusal to follow holiday visitation can be included in a Motion to change child custody. It is important to understand that how the Court will rule in any given circumstance will always depend on the specific facts of the case.

If you believe that your son or daughter’s other parent will not abide by a Christmas or New Year’s visitation order then contact my office today to speak with a Las Vegas child custody lawyer. I have resolved many disputes of this nature and my goal is to do so in a way that allows you to move on with your life as quickly as possible. I focus on this area of law so that you may focus on the important thing – your family. Call today to speak with an attorney.